The shrine was the temple of Japanese Shinto and the former body of the Martyr’s Shrine, Taoyuan County, located at Mt. Hutou and established in 1938. It is the most complete and elegant Japanese shrine architecture left in Taiwan.The complete scale and spectacular style possess the beauty of solidness and simplicity. Niaoju (birds’ inhabitance) is a symbolic entrance, representing the border between the world and the deity realm; the stone lanterns on both sides of entering way have the function to guide the way. The green-copper roof tiles are full of ancient atmosphere. Taoyuan Shrine had the architectural style of the Chinese Tang Dynasty. This is the best place to admire the Japanese architecture. The copper horse in the yard has the same size as the real horse; the style is so vivid just like the real thing and there is also the totem of Japanese royal insignia on the stomach of the copper horse. On the side of the stairs to the entering path has the “Korean dogs” that looks like Chinese stone lions are guarding the gate; it was called Bou stone beast in Japan. The gable is decorated with the hanging fish, which is the wooden board carved with Ruyi and six flower forms called as “six leaves;” those all possess the characteristics of Japanese shrine architectures. The decoration in the shrine used to cover the needle heads is called Jinju or Dingyin (invisible needles0, which were made of copper hardware components, very detailed and exquisite, along with the effects to strengthen the wood structure and enhance their aesthete. The tips of the bars were carved into the pearl shapes, which are called the imitated pearls; the styles are sharp on the top and round at bottom with extremely beautiful lines. The shrine was changed to the Martyr’s Shrine after Taiwan’s restoration left with many plaques given by various former local governors; such as, “soul of nation,” “loyalty lasting forever,” and so on, which mean a lot in Chinese persecptives.